Saturday, April 30, 2011

Swimming tortoise & the guilty one.

I must confess that I'm not a big fan of garden gnomery and other assorted decorations.  I certainly enjoy art and sculpture in the garden (hence the name of my blog) but sentiment aside, I most definitely prefer my garden decorations to be the green & living kind.  However, artgarden is a collaboration - the original vision was inherited from my parents a few years ago.  As their garden has become ours - tended with care and sensitivity by the family, we have added our own ideas while trying not to remove the spirit of the garden that they had dreamed of .  Although my mother is too elderly to actively participate in the physical task of gardening  any more - she is always ready to offer guidance, and suggestions - and to point out that the tortoise is swimming in the koi pond!

Mr. tortoise had occupied a spot on the above rock for many years (along with Bobby the ceramic mouse who met an unfortunate end when our rottweiler Luna accidently bit his head off).  However, that same rock now forms part of the koi pond, and offers an especially enticing spot to sit in the warm sun and watch the fish - especially if you are a cat.  Hannah is now comfortably established upon her favourite rock (no guilty conscience whatsoever!) and I personally think that Mr. tortoise looks far more appealing as he swims serenely in the pond with the fish...

No comments:

Post a Comment